City of Ember


What a surprise this movie was. When it started I was dissapointed because I could tell it was a kids movie. Without even trying I got caught up in the story. Something as important as light and the generator that produces it is breaking down. Politicians who are getting fat off the system ignore the urgency (appoint a task force to study the issue!) and most people just blindly go about their business. I was impressed how, as a kid's movie, intelligent it was. Have you read the book Joseph? I bet it was great.
Even after it was over hubby and I were talking about it, wondering if everyone else got out.

Edit: I wish I could describe and notice things about films like you do Joseph. I never even made the mental note about Harold in "Harold and Maude" not have a speaking line for 15 minutes.
blog comments powered by Disqus