Room 101



I feel confident that the regulars on this blog have either read or watched "1984." This is where my room 101 is.

They have still not gotten into the room that started the whole thing. How effing crazy is that?! The photo I used is of streeterville. It is hard to explain or even show in pictures, but you have to be standing on the street to appreciate the area correctly, just like New York.

The thing is, and this adds to why it is my room 101, you have to be RICH (capital letters) to live there. It is basically the area in and around North Michigan Avenue (the Chicago of the movies). Water Tower Place (Oprah) and the Handcock (Chris Farley) are a part of it, and all the area inbetween and along the Chicago River is considered Streeterville. Some would argue just north of here too, but that is River North. The cheapest 1 bedroom place you could probably get is likely around 1.5 to 2.0 in this economy and your place would be on the first 10 floors somewhere. To be living large like these people in the article your apartment is worth at least 7 million. I'm not joking when I say this, because knew a Firestone for a night, these people in the fire have to call the lobby to see if it is raining or snowing. Now if I had arrived and had this much money, where my life was all taken care of and I was concentrated on living it, my biggest fear would be dying in some fucked up fire that is too high to be put out. I'd die in this fire or above it.

The odds are against me ever getting around this much money again, but I thought I'd share with you my biggest fear: Watching my life burn before my eyes and then suffocating to death afterwards or burning to death. Terrifying! Oh yeah I thought I would share the temperature with you, it is 1 degree right now at 6 am. That is why the people were in the lobby of their own building.
blog comments powered by Disqus