*Movie Club



If you like this classic clip from Fawlty Towers and Absolutely Fabulous, then you should check out the Catherine Tate Show. It's the same British humor but with super high quality sketches. I feel like I may have already posted this next clip, but I may not have. It's one of my favorites from that show.



Here is more of the gay irish skit. Those were a bunch of different but continuous sketches mashed together and the link has more of them. I thought Kerry might like it being Irish. I think it might answer your questions about comedy at the expense of gays. It's completely fine so long as it isn't hateful.

Modern Family Trailer - Very Good Trailer, except the show doesn't use that music. It is an intro for the whole show. The clip after this is my favorite to date. Look at the guy from Married with Children's eyes at 1:03 - that's a good actor... I could write a term paper on the gay couple in this tv show. Also I would drink the straight dad's bath water.

A trailer doesn't really work for Galaxy Quest (I was spelling it wrong), but here is one anyways. Basically they are the actors of Star Trek doing whatever they have to do to make money, which is doing conventions. They hate their fans and they hate Shatner. Then real life aliens catch the tv transmissions and think the episodes were "historical documents" so they find them at a convention and the actors think they are getting offered another gig (convention nerd stuff) so they take them up on it. Then they really go to space and have to save this race of people, while lying to them about being actors. They try to play it cool because their egos need boosting. It all sounds cheesy, but it is a great comedy.
blog comments powered by Disqus