Unbelievable

This cat can make my blood boil.

I'm an atheist so I've appreciated Paine for quite a while. Here are some quotes of his that I love, that I think Beck should read:

"Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. "

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

"Is it not a species of blasphemy to call the New Testament revealed religion, when we see in it such contradictions and absurdities."

"It is not a God, just and good, but a devil, under the name of God, that the Bible describes."

"That God cannot lie, is no advantage to your argument, because it is no proof that priests can not, or that the Bible does not. "

"The Vatican is a dagger in the heart of Italy. "

My favorite: "One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests."

Beck's base should be fucking outraged on so many levels. Too bad they probably think he is a guy who makes movies for black people.
blog comments powered by Disqus